Steven J. Peiffle
Steven J. Peiffle is a seasoned lawyer with over 35 years of experience. His primary practice areas are municipal law, estate planning and probate, business and corporate law, real estate, and general litigation. Steve has been named a "Super Lawyer" by Washington Law & Politics magazine; the top five percent of the lawyers in the state are named as "Super Lawyers". Steve has also received the AV* Preeminent Peer Review rating by Martindale-Hubbell, the highest rating given.
Steve is admitted to practice before the Washington State Bar, the United States District Court for Western Washington, and the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals. Steve has been very active in local, state and national bar association activities as well. He is the past president of the Snohomish County Bar Association (1992-1993). In the early years of his practice Steve served on the Washington State Bar Association's Young Lawyers Division (WYLD) Board of Trustees; on the Editorial Advisory Board of the award-winning WYLD publication, De Novo; and was the Chairman of the WYLD's Long Range Planning Committee. He served on the Editorial Advisory Board of the American Bar Association (ABA) publication Barrister. In 1990, Steve was the recipient of the Thomas Neville Pro Bono Award from the WYLD.
Steve has been active in the Arlington community. He has served on the Board of Directors of Housing Hope, a nonprofit agency focusing on homelessness issues. Steve has been actively involved in local elections on behalf of the Citizens Committee for Arlington Schools and the Friends of Cascade Valley Hospital. He is the past president of the Arlington Chamber of Commerce and a Board member for the Arlington/Smokey Point Chamber of Commerce . Steve is also the past president of the Arlington Kiwanis Club and Our Savior's Lutheran Church.
Steve graduated from the University of Washington School of Law in 1984. He graduated with high honors in 1981 from Valparaiso University, Valparaiso, Indiana, where he received a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with concentration in finance, and graduated from their honors program as a Christ College Scholar.
Steve stays active by running occasional half marathons, skiing, and is an amateur photographer, hockey fan and geocacher. Born in Waukegan, IL, he still secretly roots for the Chicago Cubs. He is married and has two adult sons.
- Washington, 1984
- U.S. District Court Western District of Washington, 1984
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- University of Washington School of Law, Seattle, Washington
- Valparaiso Univ., Valparaiso, Indiana
- Major: Business Administration
- Holden-McDaniel Partners, LLC v. City of Arlington, 197 Wash. App. 1027 (2017)
- In re Ltd. Tax Gen. Obligation Bonds of City of Edmonds, 162 Wash. App. 513, 256 P.3d 1242 (2011)
- City of Arlington v. Central Puget Sound Growth Management Hearings Bd., 164 Wash.2d 768 (2008)
- Concerned Organized Women and People Opposed to Offensive Proposals, Inc. v. City of Arlington,, 69 Wash.App. 209 (WA Court of Appeals, Div. 1 1993)
- Estate of O'Brien v. Robinson, 109 Wash.2d 913 (1988)
- City of Arlington
- Public Hospital District #3 of Snohomish County
- Will Interpretation and Intestacy, Snohomish County Bar Association, 2015
- Estate Planning, Stillaguamish Senior Center, 2011
- Fitness for Duty Evaluations, 2008 Foster Pepper PLLC Civil Service Conference, 2008 - Present
Honors and Awards
- Designated "Super Lawyer", WA Law & Politics
- Arlington Chamber of Commerce Citizen of the Year, 2008
- President's Award, Arlington Chamber of Commerce, 2000
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Arlington-Smokey Point Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors, Past President, Past Secretary
- Citizens Committee for Arlington Schools Executive Board Member
- Arlington Chamber of Commerce, Past President
- Arlington Kiwanis Club, Past President, 1988 - 1989
- Our Saviour's Lutheran Church, Past President, 1995 - 1999
- Snohomish County Bar Association, Past President, 1992 - 1993
- Washington Bar Association
- Washington State Bar Association's Young Lawyers Division (WYLD), Board of Trustee, 1988 - 1991
- De Novo, WYLD Publication, Editorial Advisory Board
- WYLD, Chairman, Long Range Planning Committee, 1991 - 1992
- Barrister, American Bar Association Publication, Editorial Advisory Board, 1989 - 1990
*AV Preeminent is a certification mark of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories - legal ability and general ethical standards.